In Europe most DSL Routers don’t support VPN/OPENVPN by default this a Workaround without hacking any Firmware or Chrooting !
What you need:
- openvpn.apk Client
- client.ovpn Config File
- Linux PC with adb tools, Ubuntu Live CD works also without Install!
- AWS or other vServer on the Cloud outside EU (i testet AWS-Lightsail for free!)
- 15Mins Time..
If you want stream GEO Blocked Content like News/TV Pages do:
- on fireOS enable “adb” debugging if not found go Settings about and TAP 7x on “About in Device Info” to unhide DEVELOPER MODE!
- download openvpn client 3.2.1 apk (use for Android 4.4.4 Version apk-pure)!! cause newer do not have needed libs on firestick OS!
- Setup at AWS Console Lightsail a small free client vServer Debian OS 11 3$/month at Canada Region!
- open vServer Firewall at Lightsail to 1194 Port !! close Port 80 / all others!!
- download this openvpn-install.sh script to the vServer and run it, this installs fast and easy openvpn server and create client.ovpn file
- Remark use the EXTERNAL IP of the vServer!! not the 172….
- Keep this openvpn-install.sh file in SAVE place it works..!
Source GITHUB thanks to the DEVELOPER!:
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/angristan/openvpn-install/master/openvpn-install.sh chmod +x openvpn-install.sh
- download/copy client.ovpn
- on your PC install adb tools (Android Tools for Linux)
- connect to the firestick with:
- “adb connect IP-firestick”
- “adb install openvpn.apk”
- “adb push client.ovpn /sdcard/”
- now open openvpn via Settings-Apps-OpenVPN cause its hidden in APPS MENU of firestick!
- at openvpn app import the client.ovpn file and connect, Switch must be green..
- now be happy… silk is unblocked..